Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pheasant of the Llano...


I was invited to hunt on a private reserve/ranch located in the eastern part of the state. The ranch has a load of wildlife on it. I saw hundreds of geese, turkeys, a large herd of deer and of course, pheasants. Granted, the hunting on the reserve was outstanding; it is a controlled enviroment and there is no pressure at all. At times I was the only one out shooting. It was a joy to watch the dogs work the birds to which there were many, not just the pheasants but the chuker we found, too.


This won't take the place of walking the WIHA of Kansas. That is too special. In my heart is place that only Kansas can fill with flushing, cackling roosters. All in all, it is all fun and good.

1 comment:

Arizona Wanderings said...

Really like the site. I look forward to following.

Ben